High Performance kicks off the live music at 7:30 p.m. Friday, followed by Nik-L-Beer at 10 p.m. Joe Hall and the Cane Cutters play at 2:30 p.m. Saturday. Gregg Martinez and the Delta Kings perform at 5 p.m. with Chubby Carrier at 7:30 p.m. and the Joel Martin Project at 10 p.m. Sunday’s entertainers include Sean Vidrine at 12:15 p.m. and Wayne Toups at 3 p.m.
For more information, call (337) 754-5912 or visit www.johnfrancisregis.net.
In other parish events:
- Leon Chavis and the Zydeco Flames play Music & Market at 6 p.m. Friday, April 27 at the Farmer’s Market Pavilion, near exit 19B, in Opelousas. Snap beans, this week’s featured vegetable, will be available for sale and samples. The Trash Art exhibit, which features works by local elementary and junior high school students, will be on display. Admission is free. (337) 948-5227, www.cityofopelousas.com.
- The Magnolia Sisters play live music during dinner at Catahoula’s, 234 ML King Drive, in Grand Coteau. A renovated country store, Catahoula’s offers fine dining in a rustic atmosphere. (337) 205-0578, www.catahoulasgrandcoteau.com.
- Swamp pop fans can enjoy Willie Tee & Cypress, with special guests Tommy McLain, Charles Mann and Lynn August at 9 p.m. Friday, April 27 at the Evangeline Downs Event Center, exit 18 at I-49 in Opelousas. Zydeco favorites Geno Delafose and French Rockin’ Boogie play a Relay for Life benefit concert at 8 p.m. Saturday, April 28 at the Event Center. (337) 594-3000, www.evangelinedowns.com.
- The first-ever Washington Community Farmer’s Market begins from 8:30 to 11 a.m. Saturday, April 28 at the Pavilion across from Town Hall in Washington. Fifteen vendors will offer produce, plants, craft items, homemade good and more will be available.
- Twelve performers on two stages are scheduled for Rock the Block at 10 a.m. Saturday, April 28 at Frank’s Downtown in Opelousas. Geno Delafose, Johnny Sonnier, Dollar Short and Lance Dubroc are among the entertainers. Fun jumps and children’s activities will be available. The event is a benefit for Trent Fontenot, a 15-year-old cancer patient at St. Jude’s Hospital. (337) 407-2288.
- Jackie Caillier, Ivy Dugas and the Cajun Cousins play the entire Rendezvous des Cajuns radio and TV show at 6 p.m. Saturday, April 28 the Liberty Theater in downtown Eunice. (337) 457-7389, www.eunice-la.com.
- Kyle Huval and the Dixie Club Ramblers perform at the Old-Fashioned Fais-do-do Barn Dance at 8 p.m. Saturday, April 28 at Lakeview Park & Beach, 1717 Veteran Memorial Highway, in Eunice. (337) 457-2881, www.lvpark.com.