|Zydeco Festival dancers|
This landmark festival was originally scheduled for Sept. 3, but was cancelled after heavy rains from Tropical Storm Lee. The fun now kicks off at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 1 and continues past midnight at Zydeco Park, located seven miles north of Opelousas on Highway 167 (I-49, exit 23).
The festival’s music lineup includes:
- 10:30 a.m. – Dikki Du & Zydeco Krewe
- Noon – Step Rideau and the Zydeco Outlaws
- 1:45 p.m. – J. J. Caillier and the Zydeco Knockouts
- 3:30 p.m. – Nathan Williams and the Zydeco Cha Chas
- 5:15 p.m. – Geno Delafose and French Rockin’ Boogie
- 7:30 p.m. – J. Paul Jr. and the Zydeco Nubreedz
- 9 p.m. – Chubby Carrier and the Bayou Swamp Band
- 11 p.m. – Lil Nate and the Zydeco Big Timers
The first-ever Allons Roulee bike ride, which was originally set for Sept. 3, has been rescheduled to Sept. 17. The ride features 25- and 50-mile courses, leaves at 7 a.m. Saturday from the St. Landry Parish Courthouse Square in downtown Opelousas. The Krewe de Velo, a local group of cycling enthusiasts, leads the ride that rolls through scenic landscapes and historic sites throughout St. Landry Parish.