Following the Liberty show, the Playboys travel three miles north on Highway 13 to perform at the weekly Old-Fashioned Fais-do-do Barn Dance at Lakeview Park & Beach in Eunice. Music starts at 8 p.m. Saturday and continues until midnight. Campers get two free tickets to the show.
- A reception for Masks & Mayhem – The Courir de Mardi Gras Artwork of Herb Roe will be held from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 11 at the St. Landry Parish Visitor Information Center, 978 Kennerson Road. Roe’s exhibit features oil paintings and graphite drawings of traditional Mardi Gras runs. (337) 948-8004, www.cajuntravel.com.
- The town of Melville hosts its 8th annual Mardi Gras parade at 11 a.m. Feb. 11. Lineup begins at 10 a.m. at the Old Elementary School. (337) 623-5777.
- The Chapelle Country Store at Le Village Guest House, 121 Seale Lane in Eunice, hosts a Pre-Mardi Gras Market Monday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 13. Handmade Mardi Gras costumes, jewelry and other arts and crafts will be sold. (337) 457-3773.
- Zydeco icon Geno Delafose and French Rockin’ Boogie entertain at a special Valentine’s Day dance at 8 p.m. Feb. 14 at Stallions Bar-B-Que and Seafood, 5675 I-49 S. Service Road, in Opelousas. (337) 948-2090.
- The Second Annual Le Courir de Mardi Gras Pour le Clinic is set for 6:30 p.m. Feb. 15 at the Acadiana Center on the LSUE campus in Eunice. This Taster’s Choice Event, which also features live music by the Savoy Family Band, is a benefit for the Eunice Community Health Center. The event kicks of six days of Mardi Gras activities in the city of Eunice. (337) 457-1205, www.eunice-la.com.
In upcoming events, the Second Annual L’Argent Trailride and Chicken Run takes place Feb. 17-19 at the IFBS Lodge, 6240 Hwy. 31, in Leonville. Lil Nate and the Zydeco Big Timers, J. Paul Jr. Lil Wayne and Cupid are among the entertainers.
Irma Thomas, the Soul Queen of New Orleans, performs in a free concert at 9 p.m. Feb. 18 at the Event Center at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino. Guests must have a Fast Track Rewards Players Card to enter free. Admission is limited to the first 1,500 members.
Geno Delafose and French Rockin’ Boogie kick off Lundi Gras at the Village at 6 p.m. Feb. 20 at Le Vieux Village, 828 E. Landry St., in Opelousas. The Krewe of Frank’s Mardi Gras Parade rolls at 11 a.m. Feb. 21 in downtown Opelousas.