Duffey, a Monroe native, has written songs or recorded with George Clinton, Marcia Ball, Funkadelic, Keith Richards and many others. Admission is $4, free to LSUE students. For more information, call (337) 457-1510.
In other St. Landry Parish events:
- The Port Arthur Playboys and the Troubled Playboys perform for the Rendez-Vous des Cajuns radio and TV show at 6 p.m. Saturday, March 10 at the Liberty Theater in downtown Eunice. This world-renowned show features Cajun bands performing in a Grand Ole Opry-style format. (337) 457-7389, www.eunice-la.com.
- Cajun on Demand with Mark and Harry Young play the old-fashioned, fais-do-do barn dance at 8 p.m. Saturday, March 10 at Lakeview Park, 1717 Veteran Memorial Highway, in Eunice. (337) 457-2881, www.lvpark.com.
- Arts and crafts, baked goods, jewelry, handmade Easter items and more are part of Market Monday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. March 12 at Le Village Guesthouse, 121 Seale Lane, in Eunice. Admission and parking are free. (337) 457-3573.
- Poets Toby Daspit and Anna Purdy highlight the weekly literary presentation at Casa Azul, 232 ML King Drive, in Grand Coteau. (337) 662-1032, www.casaazul.homestead.com.
- Masks & Mayhem – The Courir de Mardi Gras Artwork of Herb Roe remains on display through March 17 at the St. Landry Parish Visitor Information Center, I-49 exit 23. Roe’s exhibit features oil paintings and graphite drawings of rural Mardi Gras runs.
In upcoming events, the Seven-Mile Plus Yard Sale is set for 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, March 17 in Arnaudville, Grand Coteau and Sunset. The sale runs along Hwy 31 in Arnaudville to Hwy 93. Residents and visitors can set up tables to sell any items. (337) 754-5316.
Kim Bernadas will teach a portrait sculpture workshops at 10 a.m. March 17-18 at Nunu’s, 1510 Courtableau Highway, in Arnaudville. The course provides beginners and skilled students with instruction on sculpting a portrait bust in clay. Fee is $210, $60 for supplies. (225) 205-3987.