The race begins and ends at the Event Center. The top two finishers in each age group will be awarded medals. Racers will be greeted with boudin at the end of the race and be entertained by popular zydeco/Cajun artist Horace Trahan and the Ossun Express.
With the $30 registration fee, racers receive a T-shirt, two drink tickets and a goodie bag. Spectators can enjoy the music for $5. For more information, call (337) 945-9159.
In other weekend events in St. Landry Parish:
- More than 50 artists, crafts persons and vendors will display their wares at the Market Sell-A-Bration from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, March 31 at the Opelousas Civic Center, 1638 Creswell Lane, in Opelousas. The event is a fundraiser for the St. Landry-Evangeline United Way. (337) 942-7815.
- The Youth Leadership Council presents the Spring for Art Art Show from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, March 31 at the Delta Grand Theatre in downtown Opelousas. (337) 942-2683.
- Sheryl Cormier and Cajun Sounds play the Rendez-Vous des Cajuns radio and TV show at 6 p.m. Saturday, March 31 at the Liberty Theater in downtown Eunice. This world-renowned show features Cajun and Creole bands performing in a Grand Ole Opry-style format. (337) 457-7389, www.eunice-la.com.
- The Backwood Boyz play Cajun music and zydeco at the old-fashioned, fais-do-do barn dance at 8 p.m. Saturday, March 31 at Lakeview Park, 1717 Veteran Memorial Highway, in Eunice. (337) 457-2881, www.lvpark.com.
- The Eunice Symphony Orchestra presents its annual concert, “A Little Night Music” at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, April 1 at the Liberty Theater in Eunice. This all-classical show features pieces by Beethoven, Mozart, Tchaikovsky and other composers. Conductor Nancy Simon will play the Mendelsshon Violin Concerto in E minor. Guest artist Tina Pillione performs traditional Calentano music from a remote Mexican village, Tierra Caliente. Tickets are $5, free for children six and younger. (337) 580-2493.
In upcoming events, the spring season of Music & Market kicks off with Les Malfecteurs at 5:30 p.m. April 13 at the Farmers Market Pavilion, 828 E. Landry St., in Opelousas. With free admission, Music and Market features live music and fresh produce for sale and sample every Friday through May 25.