Jason Frey is the featured artist at the 27th annual Un Celebration de Cajun Leur Culture avec Leur Musique from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday, June 9 at the Northwest Community Center, 501 Samuel Dr., in Eunice, Sponsored by the Louisiana Cajun Culture and Music Club, the event includes food, beverages, dancing and door prizes.
Frey is an award-winning accordionist whose CD, A La Veille Maniere (The Old Way), earned Best First Recording of the Year (2000) from the Cajun French Music Association. Frey was also nominated for Best Album/CD and Best Accordionist honors.
For more information on the event, call (337) 457-5601.
In other events:
- Actors Vincent P. Barras and Jody L. Powell star in “Love Letters” by A. R. Gurney at 7 p.m. June 8-9 and 2 p.m. June 10 at the Delta Grand Theatre, 120 S. Market St., in downtown Opelousas. (337) 407-1806, www.deltagrandtheatre.com.
- The Washington Community Farmer’s Market is held from 8:30 to 11 a.m. each Saturday at the Pavilion across from Town Hall in Washington. Vendors will offer produce, plants, craft items, homemade good and more.
- The weekly Saturday morning Cajun jam sessions will be held from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday at Savoy Music Center, located on Highway 190 just east of Eunice. Admission is free. (337) 457-9563, www.savoymusiccenter.com
- Cajun Express with Rachel Wilson play the Rendezvous des Cajuns radio and TV show at 6 p.m. Saturday, June 9 at the Liberty Theater in downtown Eunice. The Dallas Street Ramblers of Port Arthur, TX also perform. (337) 457-7389, www.eunice-la.com.
- Jamie Bergeron and the Kickin’ Cajuns play the Old-Fashioned Barn Dance at 8 p.m. Saturday, June 9 at Lakeview Park & Beach, 1717 Veteran Memorial Highway, in Eunice. (337) 457-2881, www.lvpark.com.
- Fresh produce, arts and crafts, antiques, music, books and more are available during Market Mondays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 11 at Le Village, 121 Seale Lane, in Eunice. Early shopping will be held 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, June 10. (337) 457-3573, www.levillagehouse.com.