GITLO AT NUNU'S FOR A REAL BLUES EXPERIENCE
The August 26, Sunday Stage is a product of Artists with One Voice, starting at 4pm. There is a $5 suggested donation. NuNu's Culinary Collectives will offer food and non-alcohol refreshments for purchase. NuNu's is located at 1510 Bayou Courtableau Hwy (Hwy 93 E) in Arnaudville, LA. For more information call 337-453-3307 or visit www.nunucollective.org.
Other weekend events in St. Landry Parish:
· Casa Azul in Grand Coteau will have Mavis Fruge hosting the La Scene Ouverte--Open Mic En Francais! on Thursday Aug.23 from 7-9pm. Bring your French language poems, stories and songs to share. Free admission and all invited. 337-662-1032.
· J Paul Jr & the Zydeco Nubreeds will perform this Friday, August 2, at Miller's Zydeco Hall of Fame, 11154 Hwy 190, west of Opelousas in Lawtell, starting at 10pm.
· The Boogie All Stars, a band made up of members of The Boogie Kings, will be performing live at theBoogie Ball, United Way's annual Campaign Kickoff this Saturday August 25, 7-11pm at the Opelousas Civic Center. Dinner will include delicious food provided by a variety of chefs, and restaurants, such as Café Josephine who will feature a pig roast and other tropical favorites. Silent and live auction. Tickets are $30. 337-942-7815 or visit www.uwsle.org
· The Washington Community Farmer's Market is very excited to welcome Glenn Beard, a 10 year veteran of the Red Stick Market in Baton Rouge. Glenn now lives in Washington and will be bringing farm fresh eggs, assorted jellies and purple hull peas. This week's raffle includes an 18x24 inch framed J. Summers Perkins' original water color of a Louisiana water scene. 337-826-6518,email@example.com.
· NuNu's La Table Francaise, a monthly Francophone gathering in Arnaudville, will take place Saturday, Aug.25 from 9am-Noon. Come and enjoy homemade treats and fun conversation. Venez partager le heritage. 337-453-3307, www.nunucollective.org
· Blake Miller & the Vermilion Playboys will perform at this Saturday's Rendez-Vous des Cajuns TV & Radio Show at the historic Liberty Theater. The emcee will be Ray Landry and performances will be from 6pm-7:30pm. The theater is located at 200 W. Park Ave. in Eunice. 337-457-7389, www.eunice-la.com
· And next Wednesday, August 29, take time to grab a cup of coffee and share conversation and fun with other French speakers in Opelousas. The Opelousas French Table happens every last Wednesday of the month at the Whiteville School House located in Le Vieux Village, 828 East Landry, Opelousas, Louisiana. 337-948-6263.
For more information on parish events call the St. Landry Parish Tourist Commission at 337-948-8004 or visitwww.cajuntravel.com Updates are posted on Facebook at St. Landry Parish-It's Gumbo for Your Soul and Twitter@StLandryParish. Videos are online at www.youtube.com/StLandryParish.