McLain is also featured on the band’s new CD, “Legends Making Memories,” which includes renditions of “Houston Solution,” “Juke Box Songs,” “What Am I Living For” and more. For more information, call (337) 594-3000 or visit www.evangelinedowns.com.
|Bonne Chance Cajun Band|
In other St. Landry Parish events:
- The Eunice Players Theatre concludes its production of “Camelot” at 7 p.m. Aug. 2-4 at the theater, 121 S. Second St., in Eunice. (337) 457-2156, (337) 546-0163.
- Los Gringos Calentanos, Tina Pilione and Paul Anastasio, play the fiddle style of Juan Reynoso at 7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 2 at the Chapelle Country Store at Le Village, 121 Seale Lane, in Eunice. The performance features the legendary guitar and violin Calentano music. (337) 457-3573, www.levillagehouse.com
- Birdhouse artist Tommy Myers concludes the First Fridays with a Little Lagniappe art series from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday, Aug. 3 at the St. Landry Parish Visitor Information Center, I-49 exit 23, just north of Opelousas. The series showcases local artists creating pieces from materials salvaged from the Visitor Center construction. (337) 948-8004, www.cajuntravel.com.
- Roscoe Chenier and the Inner City Blues Band play on the beach from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 4 at Lakeview Park & Beach, 1717 Veteran Memorial Highway, in Eunice. (337) 457-2881, www.lvpark.com.
- The Bonne Chance Cajun Band performs at the Rendez-Vous des Cajuns radio and TV show at 6 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 4 at the Liberty Theater in downtown Eunice. Humorist Kent Gonsoulin is this week’s emcee for this live, family-oriented held in an historic 1924 vaudeville house. (337) 457-7389, www.eunice-la.com.
- Donnie and the Pool Doos host the monthly Louisiana dance party at NUNU Arts and Culture Collective, 1510 Courtableau Hwy, in Arnaudville. (337) 754-7115, www.nunucollective.org.
- The monthly JAMbalaya Acoustic Jam is set for 1 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 5 at Tom’s Fiddle and Bow, 204 Fuselier St., in Arnaudville. Music includes Cajun, country, bluegrass and more. (337) 754-5528, www.tomsfiddleandbow.com.
- A screening of When the Drum is Beating, a documentary on the Haitian band Septentrional Orchestra, will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 7 at Casa Azul Gifts, 232 ML King Dr., in Grand Coteau. A Skype session with director Whitney Dow will be held after the screening. (337) 662-1032.
- Creator’s Canvas – Cancer Research Foundation, art work by Theresa Stelly, continues through Sept. 30 at the Opelousas Museum & Interpretive Center, 315 N. Main St., in Opelousas. (337) 948-2589, email@example.com.