A children’s area includes games, pot painting, face painting and other activities. Food and drinks will be available.
Admission is $5 and festival proceeds benefit the Sunset Sertoma Club, South St. Landry Library, St. Jude Children’s Hospital, St. Landry Parish Crime Stoppers and the Susan Koman Breast Cancer Foundation. For more information, contact the Sunset Garden Club at (337) 662-3542 or visit www.sunsetherbfestival.com.
In other parish events:
In other parish events:
- Michelle Fontenot and George Marks are the featured artists at First Fridays with a Little Lagniappe from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday, May 4 at the St. Landry parish Visitor Information Center, I-49 exit 23, just north of Opelousas. The First Fridays series emphasizes recycling and features artists who create new art of materials left over from the Visitor Center construction. (337) 848-8004.
- LA 31 plays zydeco and R&B at the free Music & Market series at 6 p.m. Friday, May 4 at the Farmer’s Market Pavilion, I-49 exit 19B, in Opelousas. Cabbage, the featured vegetable, will be available for sale and samples. (337) 948-6263, www.cityofopelousas.com.
- The legendary band Zydeco Force and Lil Nate and the Zydeco Big Timers perform at 9 p.m. Friday, May 4 at Stallions Bar-B-Que and Seafood, 5675 I-49 S. Service Road, in Opelousas. J. Paul and the Zydeco Nubreedz play at 9 p.m. Sunday, May 6. (337) 948-2090.
- The Washington Community Farmer’s Market continues from 8:30 to 11 a.m. Saturday, May 5 at the Pavilion across from Town Hall in Washington. Vendors offer produce, plants, craft items, homemade good and more.
- Eleven-year-old accordionist Bubba Hebert and the New Morse Playboys play the Rendezvous des Cajuns radio and TV show at 6 p.m. Saturday, May 5 the Liberty Theater in downtown Eunice. Junior Floris and the Bayou Boys also perform. (337) 457-7389, www.eunice-la.com.
- The Cat Head Biscuit Boys perform at the Old-Fashioned Fais-do-do Barn Dance at 8 p.m. Saturday, May 5 at Lakeview Park & Beach, 1717 Veteran Memorial Highway, in Eunice. (337) 457-2881, www.lvpark.com.
- Chris Ardoin and NuStep Zydeco play at 9 p. m. Saturday, May 5 at Evangeline Downs Racetrack and Casino, I-49 exit 18 in Opelousas. Weekly thoroughbred racing continues Wednesday through Saturday through Sept. 8. (337)594-3000, www.evangelinedowns.com.
- Keith Frank and the Soileau Zydeco Band entertain at 9:30 p.m. Saturday, May 5 at Slim’s Y-Ki-Ki, 8471, Hwy. 182, in Opelousas. Billed as the original zydeco dance hall, Slim’s has been in business since 1947. (337) 942-6242.