|Jockeys race at Carencro Raceways in a photo from 'T-Galop'|
A free screening is set for 4:30 p.m. Saturday, May 19 at the Prairie Acadian Cultural Center, 250 W. Park Ave., in Eunice. By popular demand, T-Galop returns for an encore screening at 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 22 at Casa Azul, 232 ML King Drive, in Grand Coteau. An overflow crowd attended a May 15 screening at Casa Azul.
Several scenes and horsemen from St. Landry Parish are featured in the film. An online preview can be seen here.
For more information on the Eunice screening, call (337) 457-7700 or visit www.nps.gov/jela. More details about the Grand Coteau screening are available at (337) 662-1032.
In other events:
- Enjoy the swamp pop sounds of Warren Storm, Willie Tee and Cypress at the free Music & Market series at 6 p.m. Friday, May 18 at the St. Landry Parish Courthouse Square in downtown Opelousas. Tomatoes, the featured vegetable, will be available for sale and samples. (337) 948-6263.
- The Washington Community Farmer’s Market is held from 8:30 to 11 a.m. each Saturday at the Pavilion across from Town Hall in Washington. Vendors will offer produce, plants, craft items, homemade good and more.
- Gerald Thibodeaux and Cajun Accent play the Rendezvous des Cajuns radio and TV show at 6 p.m. Saturday, May 19 the Liberty Theater in downtown Eunice. The Harry and Lisa Trahan Cajun Band open the show. (337) 457-7389, www.eunice-la.com.
- Grammy winners Chubby Carrier and the Bayou Swamp Band perform at the Old-Fashioned Fais-do-do Barn Dance at 8 p.m. Saturday, May 19 at Lakeview Park & Beach, 1717 Veteran Memorial Highway, in Eunice. (337) 457-2881, www.lvpark.com.
- The Eunice Farmers Market, located on Second Street in downtown Eunice, opens its 12th season at 3 p.m. Wednesday, May 23. The market will also be open at 10 a.m. each Saturday. (337) 457-6503.
- Live thoroughbred racing continues Wednesday through Saturday through Sept. 8 at the Evangeline Downs Racetrack and Casino, exit 18 in Opelousas. Post time is 5:40 p.m. (337) 594-3000.